Monday, December 24, 2012

Review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Published: July 31, 2012 
Publisher:
Harlequin Teen
Pages:
392
Series:
Pushing the Limits #1
My Rating: 
5 of 5 stars 

Synopsis: No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


My Review: Why did I wait so long to read this? I probably would have waited even longer to read this if a bunch of people hadn't told me how amazing it was and that I had to read it as soon as possible. They were so right.

From the moment the book started I needed to know what happened to Echo and what was going on with Noah. The story pulled me in and didn't let go. I probably would have stayed up all night to read it and I almost did but somehow I stopped myself. 

The characters in this book moved me to tears. Especially Noah's little brother. Little kids have a way of making me cry. Jacob wasn't the only character that brought me to tears. Both Noah and Echo made me wish for a box of tissues. Even the characters that seemed like they were against Noah and Echo were amazing.

Both of the main character's stories were so heartbreaking and I couldn't help but feel bad for them. I'm pretty sure almost anyone could sympathize with them because their problems were so realistic.

I absolutely loved the romance in this book. At first it seems that Noah and Echo have nothing in common but then they realize that they have much more in common then they first thought. I loved watching their relationship grow. It was probably one of the best parts about the book.

Pushing the Limits was so good that I would recommend it to anyone looking for a book that will make you laugh, smile, and cry. 

*I received this from Harlequin Teen Panel. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and if you want, leave a comment. We love reading comments and we will try to respond especially if you have a question!
Happy reading :)