Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 End of Year Book Survey

2014 End Of Year Book Survey
Hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner

 2014 Reading Stats

Number of books I read: 30
Number of re-reads: 0 I think
Genre I read the most from: fantasy

Best in Books

1. Best book you read in 2014?
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn't?
 Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston because I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

4. Book you "pushed" the most people to read (and they did) in 2014?
Probably The Raven Boys

5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best series ender of 2014?
Start: The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Sequel: Cress by Marissa Meyer
Ender: The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Rainboy Rowell

7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Eleanor and Park

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Sinner

9. Book you read in 2014 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
The Forever Song

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
 
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Cole from Sinner

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Dreams of Gods & Monsters

13. Most thought-provoking/life changing book of 2014?
The Poisonwood Bible

14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2014 to finally read?
Eleanor and Park

15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2014?
"Don't try to make life a mathematics problem with yourself in the center and everything coming out equal. When you're good, bad things can still happen. And if you're bad, you can still be lucky."
-The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

16. Shortest & longest book you read in 2014?
Shortest: The Great Gatsby
Longest: City of Heavenly Fire

17. Book that shocked you the most?
 Their Eyes Were Watching God

18. OTP of the year (you will go down with this ship!)
Isabel & Cole from Sinner and Kami & Jared from Unmade  

19. Favorite non-romantic relationship of the year
 Kami and Angela from Unmade

20. Favorite book you read in 2014 from an author you've read previously?
 The Forever Song

21.  Best book you read in 2014 that you read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure?
Eleanor and Park

22. Newest fictional crush?
Bishop from Panic

23. Best 2014 debut you read?
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutoski

24. Best world building/most vivid setting you read this year?
The Bone Season

25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most FUN to read?
Eleanor and Park

26. Book you made you cry or nearly cry in 2014?
Cress, Evertrue, and City of Heavenly Fire

27. Hidden gem of the year?
The Bone Season

28. Book that crushed your soul?
Eleanor and Park

29. Most unique book you read in 2014?
Cress

30. Book that made you the most mad (doesn't necessarily mean you didn't like it)?
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Your Blogging/Bookish Life

1. New favorite book blog?
This is going to sound bad, but I haven't really been looking at new blogs. Oops...

2. Favorite review that you wrote?
The review of Evertrue

3. Best discussion/non-review post?

4. Best event that you participated in?
I'm not sure. I've been pretty absent this year.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life?
Knowing that I still have readers even though I haven't been posting as much as I used. (sorry about that!)

6. Most popular post this year?
My review of Panic

7. Post you wished got a little more love?
My review of Just One Year

8. Best bookish discover?
I found this site called thriftbooks

9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals?
I completed the Goodreads one

Looking Ahead

1. One book you didn't get to in 2014 but will be your number 1 priority in 2015?
I own Blue Lily, Lily Blue and have been meaning to read it for at least a month now, but I just haven't had the time. Hopefully I'll have more time to read it this year.

2. Book you are most anticipating for 2015 (non-debut)?
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski

3. 2015 debut you are most anticipating?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

4. Series ending/a sequel you are most anticipating?
Winter by Marissa Meyer

5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2015?
I definitely want to blog more and read a lot more than I did this year. I really miss blogging, but I just haven't had the time due to college applications and school work, but I should get more of break when second semester starts.

6. A 2015 release you've already read & recommend to everyone:
I'm currently reading The Mime Order and so far I love it so unless it goes downhill later I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and if you want, leave a comment. We love reading comments and we will try to respond especially if you have a question!
Happy reading :)