Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Obsession With Quotes

So while reading Looking for Alaska by John Green the other day I realized something.


Icon
You know how Pudge is obsessed with famous last words? Well I am obsessed with reading quotes. Now I know that you might be thinking that most people like reading quotes but do most people spend hours looking up quotes?

I made entire quizzes about quotes. I can recite quotes off the top of my head. I have quotes on my iPod. I have a quote as my background. I have a quote app. You probably all know about Goodreads right? If you don't I suggest you check it out because it is the best readers website I've ever been on. Guess how I found it! Looking up Maximum Ride and Mortal Instruments quotes. I even put quotes in my About Me on my blog. Ah quotes what would I do without you?

It isn't just quotes from books I've read that I'm obsessed with either. My favorite quote isn't from any book I've read (in fact I don't think its from a book).

I guess you're probably wondering what my all time favorite quote is now that I've mentioned it and it would have to be “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― G.K. Chesterton

Does anyone else have this obsession with quotes or just an obsession like Pudge's?

2 comments:

  1. I love quotes! I thnk I would look up hours for it but I don't. XP Quotes are great! I seriously don't have a favorite quote, there too many I love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and if you want, leave a comment. We love reading comments and we will try to respond especially if you have a question!
Happy reading :)