Monday, June 5, 2017

Design Change

As you may have noticed Living for the Books has a new look! 

The old blog style

I was getting really tired of the really pink theme and wanted to update the blog a little. I think I'd had that theme for probably over a year now, so it was definitely time for a change. I've probably been through at least five different themes by now (it'll be five years since I started blogging in July, so that comes out to a theme change each year).

It took me forever to finally land on a theme I liked. There were just so many that I found and I wasn't really completely happy with any of them and I wasn't about to pay for a custom theme. I really wish it had been easier to find something that I liked because I had something in mind, but none of the templates I found exactly matched what I wanted. The current look now is probably as close to what I wanted that I could find. 

For now I'm really happy with how it turned out, although I'm sure there will be some old posts that may look kinda funny for awhile. I will probably try to go back a fix stuff I notice, but until then I guess don't judge the old posts too harshly!

What do you think of the new look? When was the last time you changed your design?

4 comments:

  1. I love the design change! It's very eye-catching. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this new design, Erika! I'm still in the midst of updating my blog (I started the process like 6 months ago so you can imagine it's been a little slow going). After a while, it just seems like it's time for a fresh coat of paint :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how different my blog has looked over the years. And I definitely understand that after awhile it's time for a change.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting and if you want, leave a comment. We love reading comments and we will try to respond especially if you have a question!
Happy reading :)