Monday, July 9, 2012

Review: Endure by Carrie Jones

Endure by Carrie Jones
Published: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Pages: 272
Series: Need #4
My Rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis: Zara is at the center of an all-out war, and an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Bedford is being ravaged by evil pixies and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends, she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelings for her pixie king…Unexpected turns, surprising revelations, and one utterly satisfying romantic finale make Endure a thrilling end to this series of bestsellers.

My Review:  This book was good but I felt like something was missing. I also found myself getting extremely annoyed with the characters in the beginning of the story mostly because I didn't remember them and how they acted. But once I got into the story it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. But don't get me wrong it was still good but I liked the other books better. Wow that's a lot of buts...

You know those books that you wait forever for and they turn out not as good as the other books? Yeah this was one of them but at least the ending was sort of how I wanted it...I think my main problem with this book was all the clichés and how Zara would say how she knew it was cliché for this to happen and how some of the characters were extremely immature *cough*Nick*cough*

I thought the entire Hel thing was really cool and I really liked the character Hel and how the ghost/spirit things came to fight and how Zara saw both her biological father and her stepfather again. I actually almost started crying when she saw her stepfather again. That could have been because I was really tired because of this walk I did the day before but that's a different story and one I will not get into...

Anyway! I didn't think I could hate Nick anymore than I already did but I was proven wrong. Throughout this book Nick was insanely annoying and I really thought he should take a chill pill or at least someone should have slapped him for the way he treated Zara and Astley and basically everyone! Sorry to all you Nick lovers out there but he's just terrible to Zara in this book. I mean the guy calls her soulless and he only likes her when she turns back into a human and Astley loved her either way
.

2 comments:

  1. I read this book too! I also agree that this book wasn't as great as the other ones. I am absolutely with you on hating Nick in this last book. Astley is so much better. (I have always LOVED Astley throughout the entire series, he was just so much cooler)

    I have a blog too. It would men the world to me if you would check it out. http://reviewsofyabooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and if you want, leave a comment. We love reading comments and we will try to respond especially if you have a question!
Happy reading :)