I've been tagged with the Liebster Blog Award by Lil' Rae of Sunshine. The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Award winners share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who tagged them, come up with 11 of their own questions and tag 11 more bloggers with the award.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I'm a moderator of two groups on Goodreads
2. My favorite series is The Infernal Devices
3. My favorite color is purple
4. I have a dog
5. I love mangoes
6. I love frozen yogurt
7. I play the violin
8. I wish I played the guitar
9. I wish I could draw
10. I love taking pictures of anything but myself
11. At least once a week I take every book off my bookshelf and then put them all back
Questions from Lil' Rae of Sunshine
1. How do you mark your place in a book? A real bookmark, scrap of paper, dog-earring the page?
I use the closest piece of paper I can find. I always lose bookmarks and I hate it when people dog-ear the pages. If there's nothing nearby I just memorize the page and then go look for a piece of paper.
2. Do you judge a book by it's cover?
Sadly yes. I've been trying to stop doing that but I really can't help it. If a cover doesn't catch my eye I won't pay any attention to the book unless it has a really catchy title or someone recommended it to me. It's a bad habit.
3. Do you have any quirky reading habits?
Well sometimes I get so into a book I start shouting at the book. Not sure if that's quirky though.
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why?
I'd have to say...oh that's a tough one. I think I'd like to go to France because it would give me a reason to actually use the French I'm learning in school and I've always wanted to see the eiffel tower.
5. Do you use any of the social networking sites for readers (like Goodreads or Shelfari)? Love it or hate it?
Well seeing as I'm addicted to Goodreads I'd have say that I love the social networking sites for readers. I even moderate two groups on Goodreads. I've never used Shelfari but I don't think I will anytime soon. I just love Goodreads!
6. What's a book that you were really looking forward to, but it underdelivered? What book surprised you with it's awesomeness?
The book that I was really looking forward to was From Bad to Cursed. I had such high hopes for it after the first book but it just didn't live up to it. A book that surprised me was Tiger Lily. It was pure awesomeness.
7. Do you have any hobbies outside of reading?
I play the violin at my school but I'm not serious about it or anything so I would call it a hobby. I also like photography.
8. What is your fondest book memory?
When I was reading Clockwork Angel and Will Herondale was introduced. Best character EVER. I couldn't stop smiling whenever the book talked about him.
9. What are you reading now?
I'm reading The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross and Burn Mark by Laura Powell.
10. What's your favorite book genre?
That would have to be Paranormal Romance. I just can't seem to get enough of those paranormal books.
11. Pretend you meet a genie and he gives you three wishes (standard genie rule - you can't wish for more wishes): what would they be?
I'd wish for Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, a visit to Neverland, and I'd wish that I was an amazing writer.
Questions I'd like to ask:
1. Do you have a favorite book character?
2. If you could meet an author who would it be? Why?
3. Do you ever dream about a book?
4. Have you ever hated a book but loved the movie?
5. Do you like listening to music while you read?
6. Do you ever wish your life was like a book? If so what book?
7. How many books do you read per year?
8. Do you like going to the bookstore or the library?
9. What's the funniest book you've ever read?
10. Have you ever hated a book the first time you read it but then the second time you read it you loved it?
11. How do you organize your bookshelf?
Blogs I'd like to tag: