Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review: Rapture by Lauren Kate

Rapture by Lauren Kate
Published: June 12, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pages: 464
Series: Fallen #4
My Rating: 1 of 5 stars

Synopsis: The sky is dark with wings....

Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.

Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this — live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies...and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.

And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her — and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

Rapture is the astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.


My Review:  
 *Disclaimer* If you like Rapture or any of the Fallen books don't read this review. As you can see I did not like this book and I'm just happy that it's over. I don't mean to sound rude or anything but this is my honest opinion of this book. If you love these books...Great. Glad someone else can enjoy them when I can't.


 Happy to report that Rapture was slightly better than Passion so it wasn't a complete waste of my time and money. Ok it still kind of was. Honestly I'm not ever sure why I continued the series after the last book. Maybe it was the beautiful cover or the fact that the unfinished series was taunting me. It said "Hey Erika it's only one more book and look the cover's so pretty." So I eventually gave in because after all it is the last book. I need closure, no I need ANSWERS because in the last three books there were no answers to Luce's curse.

So in the last book we finally get some answers but still not all of them are answered. I still have no idea why Trevor (is that his name?) went up in flames! It seems like Lauren Kate just forgot about him or something. If I have to read another book just to know what happened to Trevor I am going to say no. Just for my sanity.

After almost four books, approximately 1,691 pages we find out what Luce is but we still don't really know about her curse. That comes a little bit later. So after all the reading we find out that Luce is an *spoiler*
angel. No really? I never would have guessed that. *spoiler*

Now on to my least favorite character, Luce. Luce here just can't seem to think about anything other than Daniel and his violet eyes. Honestly if I didn't hate Daniel so much too I would never wish Luce upon him but now that I think of it, they deserve each other only because I would never want anyone want to suffer through Luce or Daniel. I wouldn't even want to her be with Lucifer.

How could I forget my second least favorite character? Daniel is extremely possessive of Luce to a point where I can't take it anymore. Luce couldn't even talk to Cam without worrying what Daniel thought they were doing. I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure if you love someone that much then you should be able to trust them. Oh there's also the part where Daniel tells her she doesn't need to breathe. Of course she accepts this without any explanation at all. Then he constantly talks over her. She'll be saying something and then he'll cut her off just to shut her up. Not ok.

I just want to do this to both of them

description
 Anyway the only character I actually like in this series is Cam and he had a very minor role in this book. When Daniel started talking about this person who broke Cam's heart I wanted to read about that not Daniel and Luce.

Rapture has fallen lower than all the other books except for the one before it and it is a torment I wish upon no one. I also hate Daniel and Luce with a passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and if you want, leave a comment. We love reading comments and we will try to respond especially if you have a question!
Happy reading :)