Saturday, December 1, 2012

Best of the Bunch- November 2012

Best of the Bunch is a monthly meme hosted by Always Lost in Stories on the last day of every month. The aim of this meme is to share the best book that we have read or reviewed in that month and give it out Best of the Bunch award.

This month I read:
3 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars
2 of 5 stars
2 of 5 stars



"If she’d waited less than two weeks, she’d be June who died in June. But I guess my sister didn’t consider that."

Harper Scott’s older sister has always been the perfect one so when June takes her own life a week before her high school graduation, sixteen-year-old Harper is devastated. Everyone’s sorry, but no one can explain why.

When her divorcing parents decide to split her sister’s ashes into his-and-her urns, Harper takes matters into her own hands. She’ll steal the ashes and drive cross-country with her best friend, Laney, to the one place June always dreamed of going, California.

Enter Jake Tolan. He’s a boy with a bad attitude, a classic-rock obsession and nothing in common with Harper’s sister. But Jake had a connection with June, and when he insists on joining them, Harper’s just desperate enough to let him. With his alternately charming and infuriating demeanour and his belief that music can see you through anything, he might be exactly what she needs.

Except June wasn’t the only one hiding something. Jake’s keeping a secret that has the power to turn Harper’s life upside down again.
As you can see November just wasn't my month. I read a bunch of books that were just ok so it wasn't very hard to choose my favorite one from that month. Saving June was pretty amazing and so heart breaking. I recommend it to everyone and if you've already read it I recommend Speechless.

3 comments:

  1. I so need to read this- I've had it on my shelves for over a YEAR, and I still haven't gotten around to it!
    I also think you're the first person I've seen who didn't love Mara Dyer :)
    Hope your reading picks up again this December!
    And thanks for joining in with Best of the Bunch.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a huge fan of Mara Dyer either - although I thought it was okay. But I've seen glowing reviews for book 2 and I might pick it up to find out more ... I might be a glutton for punishment :-) Lol - hope you have a great December and read some more fantastic books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Saving June on my TBR list! I realize that ever since I started blogging I have been discovering more awesome sounding books to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and if you want, leave a comment. We love reading comments and we will try to respond especially if you have a question!
Happy reading :)