So I saw this over on Anne's blog and thought it looked really fun so I decided to post my own and tag all of you!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nope. I would get so bored if I was going on a long trip and couldn't read in the car.
2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I love Maggie Stiefvater's writing. Ever single time I sit down to read one of her books I'm completely sucked into the worlds she has created. I also really like Julie Kagawa's writing basically for the same reason.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga?
Harry Potter hands down. #1: There isn't a creepy stalker for a love interest. #2: The supernatural creatures are way cooler and don't sparkle and the writing is just way better. #3: Sirius Black
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books...)?
I actually don't carry around a book bag because I would probably forget it somewhere. I use a backpack at school with all my school supplies but I'm not sure if that's the same thing as a book bag.
5. Do you smell your books?
Yeah. I love the smell of new and old books!
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
With as long as there aren't a lot of them. I love maps at the beginning of fantasy books but if there's a picture every page then I don't really like it.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke).
So I read Twilight when I was in 6th grade because I hadn't read any quality books and I was just starting to get really into YA books so I thought that it was amazing but then I read other books and now I just look back at my 6th grade self and shake my head.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
When I was in the second grade we used to have Silent Sustained Reading and we would have to bring in a book to read. I didn't actually like reading at that age so I would sit in the corner and just flip through the pages really fast pretending to read. I would also ask my parents to buy books just so that I would have books on my bookshelf. I think I read two of the books I got when I was little.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
I think that would be Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen Selves
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I'm pretty sure Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is the thickest one.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I love writing. At the moment I'm working on two things. One is a short story and the other is a much longer story. My main probably is starting the book. I have no shortage of ideas since I spend a lot of time daydreaming. I really want to be an author in the future. I think I could see myself as an author in the future.
12. When did you get into reading?
I really got into reading in the 6th grade because I found book series that I actually enjoyed and I was allowed to read whatever I wanted.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I loved The Catcher in the Rye and Lord of the Flies
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Right now my best subject is English. I actually started taking Honors English this year (its the highest level I can take as a sophomore) and I'm doing better than I did in the level below it.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated...what would you do?
Hope that there is a gift receipt and if there isn't I would probably give it to someone else.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I'm having such a hard time thinking of any lesser known series that are like Harry Potter or The Hunger Games. I guess Skinned is similar to The Hunger Games because both have a corrupt society.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Forgetting to post memes. I don't think I've posted anything for Teaser Tuesday for a couple of weeks. I also tend to forget commas while I type mainly because when I do use them I get comma happy and then I start to question myself and then I just take them out.
18. What is your favorite word?
Obstreperous. It means noisy and difficult to control.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I proudly consider myself a nerd.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies! I mean they can be mischievous creatures but they are way better than vampires. I don't understand why the idea of someone sucking your blood is so popular when there is the whole world of fairies to be explored.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters because I really like the idea of people changing into animals. I haven't read many books about shapeshifters but I really want to read more.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves because spirits creep me out. Plus I love wolves.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires. I'm actually terrified of zombies. I won't see movies about zombies, play games with zombies, and I avoid books with zombies. I don't like vampires much but I definitely like them better than zombies.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Honestly I'm getting so sick of love triangles because they are overused. I feel like every book I pick up has a love triangle. Forbidden love is also very annoying because when I read a book with that I can normally expect the character complaining about how she/he can't be with their love interest. I guess I'll have to go with forbidden love because that one bothers me less.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with a few love scenes. I don't think I've read many full on romance books. Probably because those kind of books tend to be really slow and I lose interest in them.
I really liked doing that so I think I'll try to look for more of these types of things. Feel free to do this too because I'm tagging anyone who wants to join!