Monday, July 3, 2017

The Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

I've seen this tag floating around so many other blogs and it's been forever since I've done a tag, so I caved and decided to do this one. It looks so fun and 10/10 would recommend doing it. I decided to do it after visiting Reading Through the Nights. It's a lovely blog, you should check it out. The tag was originally created by ReadLikeWildfire and Earl Grey Books.

If you haven't done this tag yet and you want to I tag you!

Best Book You've Read So Far in 2017?

Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson

This book was just crazy good. It's entirely character driven and it works really well for the story. I think it might have even brought me close to tears. I just highly recommend. Check out my review with Nikki.

Best Sequel of 2017 So Far?

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

Considering it's the only sequel I've read this year...But actually this sequel was really good. I liked it a lot more than ACOTAR. I'll have a review up soon, so that's all I want to say for now.

New Release You Haven't Read Yet, But Want To?

Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh

I've heard really good things about this and I really liked The Wrath and the Dawn, so I think I'll like this one.

Most Anticipated Release of the Second Half of 2017?

All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater

I am HYPED for this book. Maggie is one of my absolute favorite authors, so I'm dying for this to come out.

Biggest Disappointment?

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I was expecting to love this book, but I ended up just liking it. I feel like I'm in the minority where this book didn't blow me away. Check out my review.

Biggest Surprise?

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I wasn't expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did because this series is so hyped up, but I really ended up liking it. Check out my review.

Favorite New Author (Debut or New to You)?

Grit by Gillian French

I believe Gillian French is a debut author, but at the very least she's new to me. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more books by her. Check out my review.

Newest Fictional Crush?

 Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Julian from Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

I couldn't pick just one! I really loved both of these characters and they're definitely both new fictional crushes. Check out my review of Lady Midnight.

Newest Favorite Character?

Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

This book just keeps coming up. For real though, I love Rhysand and the development he goes through. I now definitely understand why everyone seems to rave about him all the time.

Book That Made You Cry?

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

I didn't actually full on cry, I just had a lot of feels. I'm actually kind of surprised that a book hasn't made me cry yet. I'm the type of person that will cry really easily.

Book That Made You Happy?

Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith

This book wasn't my favorite, but it was definitely a feel good kind of book and left me feeling happy. Check out my review.

Favorite Book to Movie Adaptation You've Seen This Year?

The Giver by Lois Lowry

I haven't actually read this book, but I recently saw the movie for the first time. That counts right? Anyway I really enjoyed the movie, maybe I'll pick up the book soon.

Favorite Review You've Written This Year?

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

I really enjoyed writing this review! I thought about some of her past books and my favorite characters. I also wrote a lot without realizing it. Check out my review.

Most Beautiful Book You Bought or Received So Far This Year?

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

Ok so I don't actually own this book, but I thought the cover was so pretty. The crowns are so detailed and it fits the story so well. Check out my review.

What Books Do You Need to Read by the End of the Year?

Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

I own this book, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Hopefully I will soon, but at the very least I need to read it before the end of the year.  


What do you think of my answers?

I had a lot of fun doing this tag and if you haven't done it, definitely give it a shot. If you do end up doing it, send me a link so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and if you want, leave a comment. We love reading comments and we will try to respond especially if you have a question!
Happy reading :)