Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Nikki's Book Boyfriends!

I have so many book boyfriends that I can't always keep track of them!

Since Valentine's day is today and Erika's done this in the past, I thought I'd share my own top book boyfriends that I would want to be my valentine for Valentine's day. So here are my guys in no particular order:

Peeta from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I absolutely loved Peeta in The Hunger Games trilogy because he's so sweet and caring towards Katniss. He's strong and learned to protect himself, but he doesn't impose upon Katniss and totally respects her. His complicated tracker jacking just created ALL the feels.
Tobias from Divergent by Veronica Roth

Tobias is easily one of my Top Book Boyfriends. He's a total badass and everybody knows it. He's got a tough guy front that Tris has to break away (a favorite trope of mine) and the tragic backstory to top it all off.
Patch from Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

This wasn't exactly a favorite series of mine, but I absolutely loved Patch! What can I say, I like a sweet guy, but a bad boy is even better. He's a frickin amazing badass fallen angel, what more can I ask for??


Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan

He is definitely the OG book boyfriend. Percy has been with me since 4th grade! While I could fill up my Book Boyfriend list with literally every guy from Rick Riordan's books, I've gone with the original sass-master himself. I just can't get enough of the messy black hair and the sea green eyes!
Uriah from Divergent by Veronica Roth

Uriah was my absolute favorite character in Divergent (It was originally Will but then Uriah got way more 'screen-time' as it were). He is just so adorable and wholesome and I am SO GLAD he and Tris became friends. There is so much humor in this series and a good portion of it comes from him!
Ash from The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Ash is 98% the ONLY reason I read this series the whole way through. The other 2% was Grimalkin the cat. His devotion and love for Meghan was so pure even though I really never grew to like her. She annoys the heck out of me- she is so frustratingly oblivious. But, I cared about her because ASH cared about her. There was so many emotional and touching moments in this series because of him. He's a keeper all right! Each book in this series get progressively better which is not something I think is normally the case, and I think it's because the side characters like my book boyfriend get so much development and time to shine.
Ziri from Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

He was so sweet and self-sacrificing. He gave up his beautiful Karin body to pretend to be a scary brute all to protect Kaoru. Heart-renching really.















Now that I'm going over them, I've realized a lot of my book boyfriends are from older books!

Who are your book boyfriends?


Leave me some new Book Boyfriend recommendations in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I love Patch, it's true that Hush Hush is not the best series but I only read all the books because of him
    Great list

    Ruty @Reading…Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be the first to admit that I scheduled this to publish and completely forgot to check back for comments...

      I loooooove Patch! It's so disappointing that no one talks about this series anymore (maybe because it's from 2009). Patch is a great book boyfriend!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness ASH!! I have basically the same reasons for reading that series as you... Grimalkin and Ash are MVP's all the way. I don't know what it is about winter faeries but that combined with Ash's personality and his training, he's the perfect book boyfriend.

    I also loved Ziri! I'm kind of lukewarm on Karou and Akiva's relationship (at different points in the series, I'm more for it than others) but Ziri is just adorable and devoted and after we get the whole backstory, my heart just ached for him. He's sacrificed so much for Karou and she wasn't really aware of the extent of how much his old body meant to him. Great picks, Nikki!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ziri was just the cutest and most selfless person I loved his character so much. I agree about Karou and Akiva's relationship. Maybe it was just the time between reading all the books or something but the spark would come and go in that relationship for me.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting and if you want, leave a comment. We love reading comments and we will try to respond especially if you have a question!
Happy reading :)