Hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner
Best In Books 2012
1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is definitely the best book I've read this year. So many tears were shed for those characters. But I don't think I can stop there:
Dystopian: Legend by Marie Lu, Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Paranormal: The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, White Cat by Holly Black
Contemporary: Looking for Alaska by John Green, Speechless by Hannah Harrington
Fantasy: Graceling by Kristin Cashore
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins and Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr and Crossed by Ally Condie
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?Speechless by Hannah Harrington. I wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?The entire Curse Workers series. If you are my friend on Goodreads you probably heard me talking about it and how awesome it was. I know I got at least a couple people to read it.
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?Probably Curse Workers by Holly Black
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?Holly Black, Marie Lu, John Green, and Laini Taylor
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because that book is amazing and I tend to stick to paranormal or dystopian or fantasy books.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?Black Heart by Holly Black and The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I started Black Heart right after I finished Red Glove and finished it later that day. It was that good. The Raven Boys was also a book that I couldn't put down.
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:Looking for Alaska by John Green, The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, and The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
11. Most memorable character in 2012?Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?Another tie between The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, and Delirium by Lauren Oliver
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?Looking for Alaska by John Green, Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Graceling by Kristin Cashore, and White Cat by Holly Black
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?Do I have to pick one?
"I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
-John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
“There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.”
-John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
“It turned out that my curiosity did not outweigh my courage after all. Sometimes love means not being able to bear seeing the one you love the way they are, when they're not what you hoped for.”
-Jodi Lynn Anderson, Tiger Lily
“The easiest lies to tell are the ones you want to be true.”
-Holly Black, White Cat
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?Longest: Impulse by Ellen Hopkins (666 pages)
Shortest: Fences by August Wilson (128 pages)
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!Well I remember that while I was reading Rapture by Lauren Kate I felt the need to rant about Daniel leaving Luce underwater and how she almost drowned while he was talking to their enemies and how he kept talking over her. It was so annoying. Then I also couldn't stop talking about City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. But if I tell you what I couldn't stop talking about then it will ruin it so I won't.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).Peter and Tiger Lily from Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read PreviouslyThe Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?Cuddlebuggery Book Blog
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?This is tough but maybe my review of The Fault in Our Stars or my review of The Immortal Rules
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?I'm not really sure but maybe the one on my review of Reached
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?I know I read one and possibly participated in one but I can't remember what blog is was from! Maybe it will come to me later.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?I didn't really participate in those kind of events this year but I really enjoy participating in the Best of the Bunch meme.
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?When I reached 100 followers, when I got my first review request, and when I figured out how to actually work blogger!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?Most popular by views is: Over 100 Follower Post!
Most popular by comments: What's Next? #16 and Feature & Follow #14
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?Do I have to pick just one? I think I might be able to narrow it down to two. My Obsession with Quotes and Love of YA posts.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?I'm not sure but I think I'll have to go with the Nook because before this year I never actually used it but I kind of like it now. I still prefer physical books but ebooks are very convenient.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?I completed my Goodreads challenge and a challenge over the summer for my Goodreads group Addicted to YA